Baked Custard doesn't really sound that pretty or appetising, but I have recently made some, and it was demolished in pretty quick time!
It's lovely served cold with fruit salad or any other fruits
Always place the custard dish in a bain-marie - larger tin with very hot water in, about halfway up, so that the custard steams a little ...........
3 large eggs
1/3 cup of sugar - caster or demerara
1 tsp. vanilla essence
pinch of salt
2.1/2 cups of very warm Full Fat Creamy Milk - this has the best taste
pinch of either ground nutmeg or cinnamon
1. Beat the eggs and sugar until light and frothy - it wont be thick, but still liquidy.
2. Very slowly whisk in the warm milk a little at a time - so as not to scramble the eggs.
3. Add the cinnamon or nutmeg to taste.
4. Pour into a very lightly greased bowl and bake for approx. 30mins to 45 - until the custard is 'set'.
5. Leave to cool then refrigerate - covered.