Cooking time- approx. 30 mins.
- 2 eggs
- 125g/4½oz plain flour
- 150ml/5fl oz milk mixed with 150ml cold water
- 1 level tbsp grain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fat, herby pork sausages ...... (or any you fancy)
- 3 - 6 tablespoons of sunflower or corn oil - (any frying oil that can reach a high temperature.)
1. Mix the 1st 5 ingredients together, either by hand or with an electric beater, till you have a smooth batter.
2. Put the oil into a baking tin/dish and heat in the oven until just beginning to smoke. You can test the heat with a small piece of bread. It should sizzle.
3. Pour the Yorkshire Pudding batter in, and evenly place the sausages.
4. Bake until the batter is well risen and cooked through - and coming away from the sides of the dish.