I've just started watching these two cooks, and like their recipes a lot. They use healthier alternatives to - sugar and fats, and have some very good ideas.
Here's one of their recipes for a Southern fried chicken - - (baked and not fried )
Oven: 180 deg.C / 356 F / Gas 6
1.1/2 cups of ground almonds (180g.)
6 pieces of chicken (drumsticks and thighs)
1 tblspn. ghee or coconut oil
Sea Salt and black pepper - to taste
3 tsps. hot smoked paprika or 2.1/2 tsps. smoked swet paprika with 1/2 tsp. cayenne
1.1/2 tsps. ground cumin]
1/.1/2 tsps. salt
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsps. dried oregano
3/4 tsps. onion powder (optional)
3/4 tsps. garlic powder (optional)
1. line baking tray with parchment
2. Mix the ground almonds and spices together
3. Beat the eggs in another bowl.
4. Dip the chicken pieces in egg, then coat with the almond crumb mix. Lay the pieces on the baking tray.
5. Gently melt the ghee and use a spoon to drizzle over the chicken.
6. Bake for 45 mins until golden and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Looks delicious - and a lovely idea for crumb coating - - - and also the fact that it's baked!