|Two Bees or not Two Bees ..... :(|
Ingredients for cake:
6 ozs. (175g) self-raising flour - sifted
6 ozs. butter
6 ozs. soft light brown sugar
3 eggs - beaten
4 tablspns whisky (blended whisky is fine!)
1 orange - rind grated finely*
6 ozs. icing sugar
2 ozs.( 50g) butter
2 tablespns clear honey
1 orange - juice*
toasted flaked almonds for decoration
2 x 7" sandwich tins, greased and floured.
1. Cream the butter and sugar and add the orange rind.
2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and whisk until the mix is pale and fluffy.
3. Add half of the flour and all of the whisky and fold in the remaining flour.
4. Divide the mix between the two tins and bake.
Cool when done.
5. ICING: Put the butter, honey and 1 tblspn. of orange juice in a mixing bowl and slowly sift in the icing sugar and work until all the ingredients are nicely combined. Use half of the mix as a filling and the rest on the top, adding the almonds as decoration.