Wednesday 20 June 2012

Le Gavroche

 
I'm afraid I'm going to have to do a little blog bragging - as last night I took my husband to Le Gavroche* for his birthday ..............

It was completely superb.  The ambiance, the waiting service, the food - completely wonderful, and I actually shook hands with Michel Roux - (my cooking hero) - who visited the tables during the evening - he noticed that we had wiped our plates clean (with the lovely bread).  I know this is a 2 star Michelin restaurant, so does not come cheap, but for any 'special' treat - I cannot recommend it enough.  (They do also have a 'lunch deal' during the week - including wine.)

The food we chose was delicious, and we were tempted to have 'seconds' of our Starter, but am pleased we chose not to, as we were completely repleat (!) by the end of the meal.
Le petit Gavroche is their emblem - he is a character from Les Miserables
*do check out the videos too, on their website.

No comments: