Thursday 9 February 2012

Very Easy Ice Cream (without an Ice Cream Maker)

Ingredients for Basic Vanilla:
4 eggs - separated
4ozs. (110 g) caster sugar 
1/2pt double cream or whipping cream
a few drops of Vanilla essence (a good one)

Method:
Whisk the egg whites until stiff
Add the sugar a spoonful at a time till you achieve a shiny meringue mixture
Blend yolks & vanilla essence together and fold carefully into the meringue mix - (I use a flat balloon-type whisk)
Whip the cream to the same consistency as the meringue and gently fold in. 
Pour into a plastic box, with lid, and freeze until firm.

This may need taking out a little in advance before serving.
You could also add choc chips, marshmallows etc. 

I have also frozen this ice cream in a round cake tin and used it as a birthday cake - make double the quantity (if necessary) ..... you can make different flavoured layers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for
ones time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you book-marked to see
new information in your website.
Review my blog post ... us fast cash