Wednesday 22 October 2008

Caldesi Cookery Courses

- Monday I went to a pasta-making day course at Caldesi's (Marylebone Lane, London W1) - I wasn't particularly looking forward to it as I thought - life's too short to make your own pasta - ............. however, I am now a convert! Our teacher was - Ursula Ferrigno - who has written at least 17 books. The class was delightful - and I'm now on the lookout for a pasta maker (maybe secondhand, as it could well end up in a cupboard in a few weeks time!) We ate all the pastas we had made in class, for lunch, with several different sauces - which we had also made, some good wine and very nice company of the other students - and super coffee.

It's so useful actually seeing pasta being made and being given lots of useful tips too.
I'd really recommend doing something like this - if not the pasta making day try another class - it's all beautifully set up and very enjoyable. Try some of their recipes .....

No comments: