1 or 2 packs of fresh spinach - washed and drained - (bought from Supermarket prepacked) - put in large saucepan - cover.
1 small leek - topped, tailed, washed and sliced thinly
2 spring onions - top'd, tailed and sliced thinly
1 clove of garlic - crushed
1 pack of Greek Feta cheese
2 eggs - beaten
1/4 cup of good olive oil
Filo Pastry sheets
handful of Sesame Seeds - if fancied
1. In a buttered/oiled ovenproof dish, place about 3 or 4 sheets of Filo - overlapping the edge of the dish. Brush oil on to each sheet. The overlaps will be used to cover the pie - plus maybe 1 or 2 extra sheets.
2. On a lowish heat, wilt the Spinach - you wont need to add any extra water - but stir from time to time. When this is wilted and soft, cool, then place in a sieve and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. A potato-masher works well for this, a spoon or even the base of a bottle will do.
3. Quickly fry the Spring Onions, Garlic and Leek until just softened.
4. Put the Spinach, Leek, Onions, crumbled Feta and eggs into a bowl and mix together well. Season to taste but you wont need too much salt as the Feta is salty.
5. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and stir into the Spinach mix.
6. Place the Spinach mix onto your Filo sheets and fold the Filo overlaps over the filling - you may need to place another couple of Filo sheets on top, then tuck in around the sides, brush oil onto the top of the pie, and if wanted, sprinkle some Sesame Seeds over.
Bake until going golden*.