Ingredients: serves 2 - 4
I pkt. of Trofie Pasta - (actually any small pasta shape would do)
1 or 2 courgettes
white or small waxy potatoes
Basil Pesto - ready made is just fine (Gourmet Garden Basil)
large clove of garlic and small shallot
olive oil, salt and ground black pepper
small amount of butter
1. Pour the Trofie into a pan of boiling water and stir, so that it doesn't stick to the bottom. You have to stir this pasta regularly. Boil gently for at least 15 minutes - maybe a little longer. When the pasta is almost cooked, remove 2 - 3 ladlefuls of the water and set aside to add to the veg as part of the sauce.
2. In the meantime, peel large white potatoes if using, (no need to peel the small waxy ones), and cut into biteable chunks and boil until cooked. Drain.
3. Top and tail courgettes and onion, and also cut into same size chunks. Saute in olive oil, garlic and season, until just cooked through.
4. Mix the veggies together in a pan - you can reheat these when needed, adding a knob of butter and the pasta water. Adjust seasoning.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and put it back into the pan, adding the veggies, with the pasta water and butter. Add the Pesto to taste, turning it all gently together.
6. Serve with shredded fresh basil leaves and grated fresh parmesan on top
This amount should serve 4 but will probably only be enough for 2 big portions!