Ingredients: serves approx. 4
3 medium carrots - (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 potatoes ...ditto...
1 large onion ...ditto...
1 large garlic clove ...ditto...
6 celery stalks (white stalks) ...ditto...
Olive Oil/Sunflower Oil + knob of butter
approx. 1/2" piece of fresh ginger - peeled and chopped or grated
lemon juice, salt and pepper
squirt of Maple Syrup or Honey
hot Vegetable Stock
1. Place all the veggies and bay leaves in a microwaveable bowl with the oil and butter, and zap until just soft. Stir through.
2. Add stock (or water) to just cover and zap for another 5 mins.
3. Add more stock to cover - about an 1" or so above the veggies and zap for another 5 or 10 mins until soft and nicely cooked through.
4. Remove from the micro and cool slightly.
5. Add the fresh ginger, squirt of Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice (to taste) and liquidise to a smooth consistency - add more stock/little milk - if you like the soup thinner.
6. Sieve - reheat and serve with a knob of butter or a little cream/yogurt.