125 g butter
225 g dark muscovado sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
225 g plain flour 225g
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
300 g cooking apples, diced
1- 2 tbsp clear honey
1- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 160, Fan 140.
2. Cream the butter and muscovado sugar for a couple of minutes, then mix in the eggs.
3. Fold together and stir in the apple.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder and spices.
5. Pour into a well buttered tin and bake for 1 hour.
6. Combine the honey and sugar and paint onto the top with a pastry brush.
Keeps foiled for 4 days maybe longer.
- I love apple cakes.