Wednesday, 9 November 2016
Speedy Sausage Parcel
Oven: 190 deg.C - approx. 45mins to 1 hr.
1 pkt of ready-made Puff Pastry Sheet
1 pack of good pork sausages (or package of sausagemeat)
1 onion (any variety) - peeled and chopped finely + clove of garlic if wanted
Small amount of sunflower oil and butter - for frying onions and greasing baking tray.
1 beaten egg - for egg-washing pastry
Small amount of cornmeal.
1. Lay out your sheet of puff pastry on a greased baking tray.
Prick the base of the pastry, all over, with a fork and sprinkle a little cornmeal over.
2. Remove, and discard, the skins from your sausages and 'mush' well together.
3. Place a rectangle shape of sausagemeat in centre of the pastry.
4. Place the softly fried onions evenly on top.
5. Wrap over the pastry to make a parcel, Trim the ends to neaten and pinch down so not too much fat leaks out.
6. Brush over the eggwash.
Bake for at least 45 mins to an hour - till the pastry is golden.
Eat either hot, cold, or reheated in the micro is fine.