Ingredients: serves 4 - 5 people.
1/2 turkey breast - approx. 1 kg. - (free range if poss.)
1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
125ml. white wine
60ml olive oil
60ml. lemon juice
1 crushed clove of garlic (peeled)
4 tblspns. fresh chopped corriander
4 tblspns. fresh chopped parsley
4 tblspns. fresh chopped mint leaves
1. place all the ingredients - (except the turkey) into a food processor and blend for a minute or so until smooth.
2. Place the turkey into a non-metallic container and pour the marinade over. Make sure the meat is covered with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for 24hrs.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C, remove the turkey from the marinade*, but retain the marinade for later to make the sauce. Roast the turkey for 15 mins, then reduce the oven temp. to 180C and cook until for approx. another 30/45mins. Cover with foil when done, leaving it in the oven, - making sure it is cooked through.
4. *Heat up the turkey marinade, simmer for about 1/4 hr. then reduce the liquid by about half. Taste and season if necessary.
5. Remove the turkey from the oven and let is rest for about 10mins, then slice thinly and serve with the warm sauce.
If serving cold, leave the meat to cool completely, then slice. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce once it is cold, and serve the sauce on the side.
This recipe is c/o Yotam Ottolenghi