Saturday, 7 December 2013
Sticky Bun Pudding - very quick
Oven: 180/90 deg.C - aprox. 1/2 hr.
Ingredients for the Custard: This amount serves a good 4.
approx. 3/4-1pt. milk
2 ozs. of sugar (2 good tablespoons)
Bought spicey Sticky Buns - stale is fine.
and Jam of choice
1. Whisk together the eggs, milk and sugar.
2. Well butter a baking dish.
3. Slice the buns in half, butter and jam them, placing them into your baking dish - butter side up.
4. Pour the custard over and leave to stand, so that the buns swell slightly - about 20 mins.
5. Bake until nicely risen and the custard is set - approx. 30 mins.
Best eaten hot with custard :) (or cream)
This is a basic recipe, but you can add things like apple/fruit compote, flaked almonds, etc.