1lb. (450/500g.) prunes - soaked overnight in strong (black) tea. (or ready-to-eat prunes)
3/4 lb (375g) flour
4ozs. (125g) suet (vegetable or meaty)
4 ozs. (125g) butter
Mix these 3 ingredients together.
4 ozs. (125g) sugar
1 tablespoon of marmalade
3 tbls. whisky
1. Butter a basin well and place prunes around the sides.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together well, add the marmalade and whisky, then the dry ingredients.
Mix well. Pour into the basin.
3. Cover the basin with either foil (with a pleat) or double greaseproof paper - with a pleat, and steam for about 4 hrs.
Serve with Brandy Sauce, cream or custard.
55g (2ozs.) butter
55g. (2ozs.) plain flour
570 ml (1 pt) milk
55g. caster sugar
4 tablespoons of brandy
1. Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes and gently stir in the milk.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the brandy and the sugar and serve.