Friday, 22 November 2013
Apple Cake (small) - very easy - using sunflower oil
2 apples (dessert or slightly sourer is fine) - peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons of Apple Juice
2 medium Eggs
4ozs. (100g) Demerara Sugar
1/8pt (75 ml approx.) sunflower oil
1 tsp. of good Vanilla extract
4 ozs. SR Four sieved with
1 tbls. Ground Cinnamon
1. In one bowl - add the apple juice to the apple slices and set aside while mixing the batter.
2. Whisk the eggs, sugar and oil together, for a few minutes, until light and frothy.
3. Fold in the flour/cinnamon* and then the apple slices.
4. Place in a well buttered and floured baking tin/dish and bake for approx. 45 minutes in a preheated oven. Test the centre of the cake with a skewer, to see if cooked through. (Will come out 'clean' if cake is done).
4. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle the top with icing sugar.
* If the batter looks a little thick, add some slightly cooled, boiled water - incorporate well, but dont overbeat - until you have a nice consistency to your batter.