|Foot shaped Biscuit Cutters (link)|
Thought making cheese biscuits in these feet shapes would be a great idea for kids,
and easy for them to make too.
Oven: 180deg. C
115g plain flour
55g grated cheddar
55g cold butter
1 egg yolk
A pinch of salt - if using unsalted butter
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
A pinch of paprika if wanted
1. Blend the flour, cheese and butter in a food processor until fine crumbs.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste and paprika if wanted
3. Add the egg yolk to the food processor and mix until it forms a soft ball. You may need to add a little water to help form a ball of dough.
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured board to a thickness of about 8mm and cut the biscuits.
5. Place the biscuits on a greased or non-stick tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.