Bakewell Fairycakes – All-in-One mixture – Makes about 10 - 12.
Oven: 170deg. C – approx. 20 mins.
120g. Approx. ground almonds
10g. Approx. dessicated coconut
140g softened butter, flora or mixture of both
140g golden caster sugar
140g SR Flour
2 large eggs – beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Raspberry or cherry jam and paper cases
- Beat all the cake ingredients together until you have a nice smooth batter. If it feels a little thick add some milk.
- Fill the paper cases, about ¾ way up.
- Place a small ‘dollop’ of jam on the top of each one.
- Bake and cool.
Chocolate Fairy Cakes – All-in-One mix. Makes about 10 - 12
Oven approx. 200 deg.C about 10 mins baking.
40g. Cocoa powder + 4 tblspns of boiling water
3 eggs - beaten
175g softened butter
175g caster sugar
115g. SR Flour
1 rounded teaspn. of baking powder
Paper cases and choc icing of choice.
- Melt the cocoa powder in the hot water, cool slightly and add the other cake ingredients.
- Mix well together.
- Divide equally into the paper cases and bake.
- Cool and dollop with choc icing if wanted.