Dried Blueberry Cake
Oven: 180 deg C – approx 45 mins to 1 hr. – check after 45 mins.
2 eggs – approx. 4 ozs. weight in their shells
4ozs. butter – softened
2ozs. soft brown sugar
2ozs. Demerara sugar
4ozs. SR flour or plain flour + 1tsp. baking powder - sieved
Approx. ½ tsp. vanilla paste or essence
Tablespoon or so of plain yogurt
Small pack of dried blueberries
Small amount of hot water if mixture is too thick – if required
- Cream the butter and sugars
- Add vanilla – beat in
- Add eggs one at a time with a small amount of the flour
- Add remaining flour and other ingredients
- Mixture should be a nice ‘dropping consistency’
- Place in baking tin/dish and bake until becoming golden – test with a skewer to see if cooked through. Place piece of foil over if going brown before completely cooked.
PS: Blueberries are low in Potassium.