Sunday, 4 December 2016
Apple Crumble Cake
Oven: 180deg. C -
Ingredients for the Cake:
125g. light soft brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tablespn Maple Syrup
125g. self raising flour
1 or 2 apples - peeled, cored and roughly chopped
Ingredients for the Crumble Topping:
25g. cold butter
50g. plain flour
- 'crumb' the two ingredients together - you can add a little more cinnamon here if wanted.
1. Cream together the butter and the sugar, add the cinnamon and Maple Syrup.
2. Add the beaten eggs, one at a time, with a little of the flour, then the rest of the flour.
3. Add the apples. Gently mix together. Add a little hot water if the mixture seems too thick.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin/dish and smooth over.
5. Sprinkle the Crumble topping fairly evenly over the cake mix.
6. Bake until when tested with a skewer, the skewer comes out clean - approx. 45 mins. Place some foil over the top if browning too quickly.
I adapted this recipe from here.
Cool and eat either reheated or cold.