approx. 500 grams nice potatoes that are easily mashed - leftover mashed potatoes are just fine - just alter the amount of flour used if you dont have the correct amount for this recipe.
approx. 200g. plain flour
1 large egg - beaten
sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
1. If starting from scratch - boil your potatoes till soft, drain then mash them.
2. In a large bowl, add your mash, beaten egg and about half of the flour, plus seasoning.
Mix this into a firmish dough - adding more flour as you need, so that the dough is firm enough to handle and not too sticky.
Well flour a surface and knead the potato dough for a minute or so.
3. Meanwhile, place a large pan of water on to boil, and lightly butter a serving dish.
4. Break off a largeish piece of dough and roll into a sausage, roughly 1" in diameter.
Cut this into 1" pieces. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
7. When they've popped up to the top - leave them another few seconds, then carefully take them out with a slotted spoon, and place in your serving dish.
Taste one (or so) - to make sure they are nicely seasoned ...... :)
Serve either just with butter, or tomato or pesto sauce, and scatter some nice chopped green herb over the top - i.e. flat parsley, coriander, and also some grated parmesan/cheese of choice.