1 lbs. Onions - skinned and chopped
2 cloves of Garlic - skinned and chopped
large piece of Ginger - peeled and chopped or grated
4 chicken breasts - skinned and cut into chunks
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. garam masala
8 ozs. fresh tomatoes - coarsely chopped or 1/2 can of toms.
3 tbls. butter or ghee
2 ozs. blanched almonds cut into slivers
1 pt. water
1. Place first 10 ingredients into your saucepan, topped with the tomatoes.
2. Cover, bring gently to the boil then simmer gently for about 40 mins. - stir occasionally. Make sure the onions are very well cooked down.*
3. Add the Ghee/butter, and the yogurt a small amount at a time - stirring to combine.
4. Add the water - stir well and reduce the heat.
5. Cook for another (approx.) 20/25 mins. - - until the chicken is really tender.
Adjust seasoning (salt and pepper) as necessary.
*I have cooked this up to stage 2. and it's very good.
Continue the cooking, (when not adding the yogurt), adding a little water if necessary, until chicken is very tender.
I served the yogurt separately with the curry, ........ and rice of course.
The nice thing about this dish, is that you dont have to fry over any of the ingredients in advance.