|there are only 4! as I ate one before taking the pic!|
Ingredients: enough for 5
1 tin of white crabmeat (121 g.)
1 beaten egg
about 1 tablspn. melted butter
small amount of chopped fresh corriander
little salt, black pepper
This is a really basic recipe, and are very nice plain, but you could add your choice of herbs or other stuff ........ if you keep tinned crabmeat in your larder, they are a good standby.
1. In your food processor, blitz the crabmeat, beaten egg, melted butter.
2. Put this mixture into a bowl and add some breadcrumbs and seasoning. Mix well together and add more breadcrumbs to make a nice pattie-texture - (not too wet, not to dry!)
3. Season to taste, adding the lemon zest.
4. Heat a few inches of groundnut oil in your wok/pan
5. Make the mixture into patties or balls, roll in flour, once or twice - depending how 'wet' they may be, reshape again.
I put mine into the oil with a slotted spoon, and just pat them down a little.
6. Fry in the hot oil, but (try and) wait until they are just brown before turning them over.
They only need frying for a few minutes on each side.
Drain them on kitchen paper - nosh!