1 cup of caster sugar
2 cups of double cream (or whipping cream)
2 cups of tinned coconut milk (not 'lite')
1 tsp. vanilla
optional: coconut flavouring or 3 tblspns. dessicated coconut - sweetened
1. Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat (or blend) for about a minute.
2. Pour this mixture into the top of a double boiler - medium heat.
3. Stirring constantly - use a whisk - cook for 8 - 10 mins.until the mixture becomes thick and creamy - like custard.
Cool slightly, then place in the fridge to become cold.
4. Pour the double cream into your food processor (or beat) and blitz until cream becomes very thick and peaky - scoop into a large bowl.
5. Fold the coconut milk, plus dessicated coconut, if using, into the whipped cream and stir to combine.
6. Add the cold custard mix and any flavouring you may use, stirring gently and you should have a thick, ivory white batter-like mixture.
Pour into containers with lids and freeze for at least 8 hours.