1 orange - zest - pared and cut into fine strips
100g caster sugar
150g (55-70% cocoa solids) chocolate - chopped into small pieces
1 tablespn liquid glucose
2 egg yolks
150 ml. double cream
30g icing sugar
1. Place strips in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Refresh and drain, then repeat twice more.
2. Put the zests in a small pan with 100ml. water and the sugar and bring to the boil. Bubble for 1 minute. Cool the zests in the syrup. When cold, drain and set aside.
3. Place choc. in a bowl over a simmering pan of water. Don't let the bowl actually touch the water. Melt the chocolate and remove the bowl from the heat.
4. Mix the glucose with the egg yolks and 2 tablespns of warm water - mix this into the melted chocolate.
5. In another bowl, whip the cream and the icing sugar to a ribbon consistency and carefully fold into the chocolate - don't overwork it.
6. Pour 1/3 of the mousse into 4 glasses (or dishes). Scatter 1/3 of the zests on top and repeat the layers.
7. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. If chilled for longer, remove 30 minutes before serving.
Michel Roux Jnr. Chocolate Sauce Recipe