1 cup of almonds (or cashews) soaked for at least 6 hours, remove skins from the almonds.
2 or 3 slices of white bread - soaked in cold water for about 5 mins., and squeezed out.
Large clove of Garlic - (or more if you like it)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 cup of chilled bottled water
1/3 to 1/2 cup of a good olive oil
2 tablespoons of Sherry Vinegar (Balsamic will do, but Sherry Vinegar is better)
Green Grapes and Chopped peeled Apple to garnish
This is a traditional cold soup, and is delicious ......
1. Using your liquidiser, place the bread, almonds, garlic, salt and water and blend until smooth.
2. With the motor gently running, add the olive oil - the consistency should not be too thick.
3. Pour the puree into a bowl and add the sherry vinegar - if the consistency is still too thick, add more chilled bottled water. Taste to re-season, if necessary.
4. Pour into a glass jug and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Cut up some green grapes (halve or quarter), and some chopped, peeled Apple and either place in the centre of the bowl, or serve in separate dishes.
There are lots of accompaniments to this soup - raisins, flaked almonds, cucumber - peeled and chopped, dark red cherries, chive flowers, garlic flowers - etc.
it can look very pretty.
You can also serve this served as a duo with Red Tomato Gazpacho (and croutons) - - lovely on a summer buffet table.
PS: I cant take credit for the pics - but they are very pretty