cooking time: 30/35 mins.
Ingredients - serves 8
1 tablspn. olive oil
50g butter - melted
800g Chicken breasts (chunky pieces)
1.1/2 tsps. ground cinnamon
50g pine nuts
500g frozen spinach - defrosted and excess liquid squeezed out
200g filo pastry
1. Preheat oven and place a heavy baking sheet in there to heat.
2. Melt the oil and butter in a frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 3 - 4 mins. until opaque.
3. Add the cinnamon, raisins and pine nuts and season and mix well together.
Remove from the heat and add the Spinach.
4. Brush one filo sheet with more (melted) butter and place inside a springform tin. Leave the pastry hanging over the edge.
Continue overlapping the sheets (greased) until only 2 sheets are left. Keep these unbuttered sheets covered to stop from drying out too much.
5. Pack the chicken filling in the tin and gather the overhanging pastry over the filling. Brush the remaining two sheets with butter and place these over the top. Brush the surface with any remaining butter. Melt a little extra if you run out.
6. Place on the preheated baking tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the pastry is becoming golden. (Cover with foil if it goes too brown).
Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for about 15 mins. before turning out and slicing (with a serrated knife).
Delicious served either hot or cold.
Serve in wedges with potato salad, tomato and red onion salad.
Recipe from Waitrose.