2 or 3 ripe bananas (peeled)
30g (2ozs) Butter
50g. (2ozs) Demerara Sugar (or Barbados)
1 large egg
75g (3ozs) Golden Syrup (or clear honey)
225g. (8ozs) Self Raising Flour
(large) handful of sultanas (or raisins)
butter for greasing baking tin.
I made my loaf using my Kenwood - but it can be made in a regular food processor
or, of course by hand. Dont overbeat the ingredients.
Grease and flour a loaf tin.
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, and golden syrup together, stirring, then leave to cool.
Make sure the sugar has melted and isn't 'grainy'. Stir it well.
2. Place the bananas into your Kenwood bowl and mash - then beat in the egg.
3. Sift the flour into a separate mixing bowl, adding the raisins or sultanas - mix together.
4. When the butter mixture is cool, add to the bananas and mix together.
5. Fold in the flour/sultanas.
6. Turn into your baking tin and - just tap the tin gently, on to your working surface, to even out the batter - then bake until firm to the touch - approx. 1/2 - 3/4 hr. - just test the centre with a skewer to make sure it's cooked through. If it is browning too quickly, place a sheet of tin foil over the cake until done. You can leave this in the tin until it cooled, just loosen the edges using a knife.
When cooled, eat spread with lovely butter (or Maple Syrup) - deelicious