Oven: 350deg.F, 180 deg.C - 35/40 mins. *Ingredients:
2 cups of SR Flour or Plain Flour + 2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsps. vanilla
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of milk
2 tblspns. of softened butter
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Beat the eggs and vanilla, then gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
4. Bring the milk and butter to the boil, then quickly stir into the batter. Blend well.
5. Pour quickly into a 13x9x2",
(your regular cake tin or an angelfood cake tin is good) - greased & floured - on the base only, or use a paper liner.
* If using a fan oven you can put the cake in 'cold' without preheating it.