Sunday 14 July 2013

Flat Peaches (Peches Plats) and Belgium

 
I just love these peaches - they are sweet and juicy, but only available for a short season - however, they are around NOW and are definitely worth trying.  I think they are too good to cook, but they can, of course be poached in a light sugar syrup, eaten chilled - with pouring cream.

We just got back from a short trip to Brugges - - ate Eels in Cream & Green sauce twice (with chips of course as we were in Belgium), matjes herrings - wonderful!  - completely delicious.
Two links for the eel recipe are:

I haven't tried making it at home, as yet, as unfortunately eels aren't that easy to get hold of .... (ho ho ho :( ) but I shall be doing a reccie to see where I can buy some, and try out the recipe.
 
Brugges, Belgium.


No comments: