Sunday, 7 July 2013
Chocolate and Brandy Muffins
Ingredients: (makes 12)
approx. 80g - (large handful) of prunes (or raisins)
3 tspns brandy
170g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
2 tsps. baking powder
130g brown sugar
85 ml sunflower oil
85 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (or bean paste)
60g dark choc chips
GLAZE: 3 tblspns. icing sugar
1 tblspn. cocoa
3 tblspns of the reserved brandy liquid (top up with water if needed)
1. soak the fruit in the brandy for about an hour (or longer) - if you are in a rush add a little boiling water.
2. Mix all the ingredients until just combined - except for the fruit and choc chips -
3. Drain, reserving the liquid, - and chop the fruit into small pieces (no need to chop the raisins)
4. Add to the mix along with the choc chips.
5. Spoon the batter into muffin cases and bake.
once the muffins are done, drizzle the glaze over them.
This recipe comes from: http://makemydaycreative.wordpress.com/category/recipes/ - there are some super recipes (and other ideas) here.