Saturday, 16 March 2013
Oven: 180 deg.C - 10-15 mins.
4ozs. (110 g) butter
4 ozs. sugar
1 large egg
7 ozs. (220g approx) plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 oz. (approx. 1 tablespoon) custard powder
pinch of salt
1. Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
2. Cream the butter and sugar and add the beaten egg, adding a little of the flour so the mix doesn't curdle
3. Gently work the ingredients together to form a nice, smooth dough ball.
4. Wrap in Klingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 1/2 hr.
5. Flour your surface (and rolling pin) and roll out the dough until about 1/4" thick
6. Cut out your shapes and place on a greased tray
7. Bake until just golden.