Oven: 180 / 190 deg.C
3 small or 2 medium/large very ripe bananas .... (if the skin has gone black they are fine to use)
2 medium/large eggs - beaten together
1 cup of demerara sugar - (any sugar is good)
1/2 cup of melted butter - cooled slightly
1 tsp. of a good vanilla
2.1/4 cups of self-raising flour - or plain flour and 2 tsps. of Baking Powder - sifted with
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
add 1 cup of chocolate chips or grated chocolate
plus 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts if wanted - or extra choc.
Paper muffin cups
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients well - use a hand blender or liquidise. Set aside.
2. Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix nicely together, but dont overbeat.
4. Fill the paper cases about 7/8 full - should make about a dozen.
5. Bake for approx. 25-30 mins. Touch the tops gently to see if firm. Dont overbake them - if they just begin to go brown - that's fine. Then test with a skewer too. Cool on a wire tray.
If they last that long - they probably keep well for a few days.
That's it - they're just as nice warm as cold!