450g/1lb leeks, washed and thinly sliced.
6tbsp olive oil.
900g/2lb fresh spinach, washed and trimmed or use 450g/ 1lb frozen spinach.
225g/8oz feta cheese.
3 large free-range eggs, beaten.
150ml/1/4 pint of dairy or soya milk.
1tbsp freshly chopped dill.
1/2tsp ground nutmeg.
salt and black pepper to taste.
8 spring onions, sliced.
115g/40z pine nuts, toasted.
225g/8oz filo pastry
1. Saute the leeks in 2 tabs of olive oil until they soften in alarge frying pan.
2. In a large saucepan, wilt spinach over a high heat, drain thoroughly in a colander and squeeze out extra water.
3. Using a large bowl, mash together witha fork the feta, then add beaten eggs, milk, dill and nutmeg and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Fold the spinach, leeks, spring onions and pine nuts into the mixture.
5. Grease a 23cm /9in square baking dish and line with 1/2 the pastry,
( lay pastry sheets down one at a time brushing each sheet wilth olive oil).
6. Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry base.
7. Lastly, cover the mixture with the remaining pastry sheets, brushing each one well with the olive oil. Ensure the last sheet is well covered.
Bake for 40/45 mins at 190 degrees C ( 375 degrees F or gas mark 5)
Until the pie is golden and crisp.
Cool before eating - nice cold.