Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Preheated Oven: 170C : 340F : (160C/320F for a fan oven)
8ozs. (200g) Plain Flour
6 ozs. (150g) Margerine or Butter
3 ozs. (75g) fine white sugar (Caster)
2 ozs. (25g) margerine or butter
2 ozs. (25g) soft brown sugar
1 large tin of Condensed Milk
8ozs. (200g) chocolate (milk or plain)
1. Process the margarine/butter and flour until you have fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the Caster sugar.
3. Line a 9" (23cm) square tin with baking parchment and spread the mixture evenly.
4. Bake for approx 35 mins until the biscuit is golden brown. Cool.
5. Heat the filling ingredients, stirring constantly, until it begins to simmer. Continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken - few minutes.
6. Spread evenly over the base and again, allow to cool.
7. Melt the chocolate, carefully, so that you can spread it over the previous layer.
8. Cool, and cut into squares.
!This is just delicious!
from: Traditional Scottsh Recipes