Saturday 11 July 2009

Celebrity Masterchef 2009

Masterchef Winner
Jayne's Menu:
Seared scallops on apple puree with ground walnut sauce & fresh herbs.
Pan fried Veal on a bed of baby red chard with truffle potatoes and a veal jus.
Lavender Pannacotta decorated with crystalised violets.

Iwan's Menu
Spicy Thai Prawn soup with straw mushrooms, chilli, lemongrass & ginger.
Pan fried sea bream, red mullet & scallop on mediterranean vegetables
with tomato salsa.
Eton Mess with wild strawberry liqueur

Wendi's Menu

Baked goats chees on beetroot puree and peashoots, thyme roasted baby beets, accompanied by soda bread.
Roast turbot with lobster on mashed potato and green beans with
a lobster sauce & vinaigrette.
Chocolate bread and butter pudding with prunes soaked in armagnac
and vanilla cream.

Celebrity Masterchef

PS: September 2009: I haven't been seriously following the latest Masterchef, as I've really lost my interest in the programme. I decided to watch a recent episode on iPlayer, and as much as I love food and foodie programmes, I dont think I have the patience to watch this series all the way through. Does anyone else feel the same way?



No comments: