Before going on hols. I want to use up some stuff in my fridge -
It's very tasty and very easy to make.Ingredients:
1 readymade frozen shortcrust pastrycase (230 g.)* (or homemade of course)
450g. frozen Spinach
1 package of Feta
2 eggs - beaten
1 leek - white part only - chopped
1 small white onion - chopped (or half a large one)
2-3 tbls. Fromage Frais - (Greek yogurt or dbl. crm. would be good too)
(S)&P, 2-3 tbls.olive oil, knob of butter, dried oregano.
Oven 200 C.
1. Blind bake your pastry case for about 15 mins.
2. Saute, until soft but not coloured, the chopped leek and onion, in the olive oil and a knob of butter, and leave to cool.
3. If using frozen spinach - zap this in the micro until defrosted and hot. Strain and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Cool.
4. Mix together the crumbled Feta, 2 eggs, herbs, seasoning, fromage frais.
5. Add cooled spinach, leek and onions.
Taste for seasoning - dont add too much salt, as the Feta is usually quite salty.
Having mixed all your ingredients together, pour them into the pastrycase* and bake for at least 45 mins - 1 hr. Should feel 'set', and becoming slightly golden.
I think this tart is much nicer eaten warm or cold.
*I found I had some filling leftover for this size of bought pastrycase, so I just baked the extra filling in a small buttered dish for about 15 mins. (Good for people who dont like pastry......... you know who you are!)
Serve with a nice green salad (with vinaigrette).