I recently tried this beautiful flour - recipe made up good! and not the least bit claggy, which some wholegrain flours tend to do :
Banana & Choc Chip Cake
150g (6ozs) butter softened
150g (6ozs) demerara sugar
200g (8ozs) Sharpham Park Organic Stoneground Wholegrain Spelt Flour (+ 1 rounded tsp baking pdr if Plain Flour is used)
200g (8ozs) mashed banana
75g (3ozs) choc. chips or buttons
1. Cream the sugar and butter together.
2. Adding a little of the flour, beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the remaining flour.
3. Add the mashed banana and choc. chips
4. Pour into a greased and floured baking tin
5. Bake at 180 C or 350 F (Gas 4) for approx. 60 mins.
Pierce with a skewer to check if cooked - the banana in this cake does make it a little sticky, even though it may be cooked through.
The above recipe came from: